Pakistan_ Mehtab Mehboob 2020South Asia
The food distribution has helped us to discover these changes:
- These children fully satisfy themselves with food every Monday, whereas, on the other days, they eat once a day or maybe not. The peace which is observed on their faces after fully satisfying themselves gives us hope that they will not do anything wrong to feed themselves.
- We were able to communicate with them and guide them about their futures.
- We were able to stop them from doing labour every Monday.
- The local villagers have reported us, that after this step of feeding them, thekids have hope that someone cares for them, and they will be provided with every Monday so they should not go for labour or begging on Mondays. A positivechange has observed in their behaviour.Even though these changes are small and initial, but we believe that it is just the beginning and there is a lot to do for them and thousands of abandoned children on the streets of Pakistan.
- We are pretty sure that the use of powdered milk among the children will also help them to grow strong and the rate of sickness will decline in the upcoming months.